Ga-7vrx and barton 2500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have this mobo.the chipset is kt 333.the problem is that barton cant work in 166fsb.it stays 133 whatever i do.i switced jumpers but nothing.i flashed mobo in latest fw but same...
can this mobo support 166 fsb?? gigabyte confused me more...with kt 333 it should support i believe.....what to do? any suggestion?any one with same expirience?thx in advance

i forgot to mention that mine is rev1,1.i visited gigabytes site and i send a mail describing my problem...it is being procceded one week ....
anyways i believed someone would have experienced same problem .the kt 333 chipset what the hell,it should support 166 fsb....maybe with a tweaked bios it would work normaly...
nice to meet you dudes.have a good day

It will support RAM running at 166mhz but not the processor, according to Gigabyte, which really doesnt make much sense :confused:

Having a faster FSB means having proper dividers to keep the PCI/AGP speeds according to specs (33/66mhz) & your board does not have them. Since you can run the memory out-of-sync with the FSB, setting the memory to 166mhz does not change the PCI/AGP speeds, but changing the FSB to 166mhz does.

You can only hope for a new BIOS to allow you to use that chip but I doubt Gigabyte engineers are really working much on boards from that generation. Maybe you should try to look for unofficial BIOS files that could allow you to use the 166mhz FSB.

But still, even if you get the board to work with a 166mhz FSB, that does not mean it will support a Barton.

i am sure that gigabyte doesnt evolve the fw of this generation....so much to do,a64 mobos,new pci slots.....
i bought an ga-7va mobo with kt 400 that works fine with my barton....i will sell tha 7vrx for 30 euros. i cant loose my time with museum mobos....sorry to bother you.thx a lot:grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back