GA-8INXP Sweeeeeeeeeeet:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres a couple of clever features there. Anti burn lol thats very clever but would that be active all the time cause wouldnt it slow boot ? Also the AGPx2 2 light tho i guess its the same technology.

I would prefer my A7V8x over that...

But of course this is Intel vs. AMD...

Tweakster, my sysbo has all those same features, and it POSTs for about 2 seconds after turning it on.

Windows XP is at the desktop in about 10 seconds...:D

Guess your not using the onboard raid then since mines sits for about at least 10 seconds checking the IDE drives connected for my raid config :(

Do you actually have an array Arris ?

coz, if you set your RAID controller function to ATA not RAID in the BIOS, I think you'll find the Boot up times are dramatically quicker, not like waiting for them.......................annoying...................dots

;)

The Promise controller on most ASUS boards ( except the A7V8X ) will scan for IDE devices at every boot wether running in ATA or RAID mode.

RZ - The full blown version will honestly be above US$160, but when we start dropping features like onboard RAID, integrated, NIC, SATA, Firewire etc. it will probably go no lower than US$110.

If my memory serves Greeno, Arris has 2x 40GB Seagate Barracuda IV's in RAID0. Something like that...

Ehehehehe I don't need a RAID array, my singular drive nips at the heels in terms of speed of any RAID0 array.

It's not like the performance is noticeable, anyway.

Originally posted by Greeno
Do you actually have an array Arris ?

coz, if you set your RAID controller function to ATA not RAID in the BIOS, I think you'll find the Boot up times are dramatically quicker, not like waiting for them.......................annoying...................dots

;)

Yeah, as Veh says I have 2 40gb drives in RAID 0.
Just playing really as I had never purchased a board with a raid controller before. Decided to put all my CDs onto the 80Gb of space since I can then transfer them to my Sony NW-MS11 mp3/atrac3 player. Currently done about 50 of ~300 :(

I think I will wait until SATA is more established before switching over. Probably consider it if and when I build a hammer system, other than that I'm happy with my GA-7VAXP motherboard. Wish my system hadn't died when it did and I could have gotten nForce2 or KT400a, but aside from that its pretty good. And Gigabit networking isn't going to be particularly useful to home users anytime soon...

:) , agreed about the S-ATA tho, i might wait till S-ATA/300 comes along :) to make the 150 look crap ;)

but i quite fancy AGP 8x support tho :) and I've always used actual Intel chipsets in the past :)

AGP 8x is not going to be a huge performance leap and definitely not worth upgrading for. Its like the change from AGP 2x to 4x. Nothing to write home about. But any performance increase is good :)
Its more the combination of all these features which is worthwhile ;)

correct Arris m8 :) it's not worth changin' a mobo for 8x support, if you've got a 4x G/card and a Ti4600 (4x top's)

BUT! : )))))

the change from 2x to 4x is a noticable one imo :) and gigabit at home is pretty useless :) but it comes on the board, so it's nice to have it, its the S-ATA and DDR-II i like the look of tho :)

look at you all drooling over the latest tech... have you pushed what you have to its limits??? that's what i want to know...

Originally posted by Phantasm66
look at you all drooling over the latest tech... have you pushed what you have to its limits??? that's what i want to know...

Yes. 1920MHz perfectly stable w/ Athlon XP 2100+ & Volc9 (<-sux). Idle @ 48C o/ced.

And my video card can run at 300/300MHz with slight artifacting, and 295/295 perfectly stable and great...(8500LE)

What sux is my 3DMark score is still ~10k. (9653 w/ overclock). W/ the latest Hyperion 4in1's (<- rocks) & Catalyst 2.4 (<- unstable) of course ;)

Wonder what my score will be with DX9...Maybe 9700+.

Originally posted by Phantasm66

Well, at the moment i've only got a P750 and GeForce2 DDR, so i don't think i can push it that far...

Is there any way i can get Hyperthreading and push it up to 3.06Ghz ;) :p ;)

If i upgraded to this new board it would be like upgrading from a Robin Reliant to a Rolls-Royce...:D :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back