Gainward Geforce Ti200 TV Out- no color ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmer

Card is a Gainward GeForce Ti200 "Golden Sample"
and running XP Home

I got everything working fine except no color only black and white. Hope someone here can point me in the right direction.

Thanks for reply. I've tried both Gainward links, FAQ has nothing and Support said they were busy with new card release and couldn't respond for at least several days. Thought someone here might help.

Perhaps you can try changing the mode in the TV to what your vid card's output format is e.g. NTSC or PAL or SECAM. That could be the problem.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for replys. I have the format correct, NTSC, for USA. The cable idea could be something. I have 24 feet of RCA cable and it could be too much length from vid card to tv. I'll check into the cable a little closer.

Originally posted by farmer
Thanks for replys. I have the format correct, NTSC, for USA. The cable idea could be something. I have 24 feet of RCA cable and it could be too much length from vid card to tv. I'll check into the cable a little closer.

Umm... What format does your video card output? NTSC or PAL? I'm sure your TV is NTSC by default. 24 feet should be find for an RCA cable. I *think* the max length for RCA cables is ~30 feet.

Not necessarily, good (shielded OFC) cables can be longer.
btw. I have Gainward's GeForce2Ti Golden Sample and TV-out is color.

Mictlantecuhtli, I did everything according to directions. Format NTSC, and picture came up but black and white. Gainward book said this might happen and to click format tab at bottom of screen which I don't show. This is where I'm stuck. The cable I have is for dubbing between audio/video components-low-loss coax. Would I be better off to get S-Video cable and connect to S-Video on tv?

I got it. I did away with RCA cable and shortened S-video cable to 12 feet and screen came up in color first time. Thanks for ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back