Game crash has stuffed up brightness of display

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrupt

Hey,

I was playinf Soldier of fortune today when the game crashed and I had to ctr-alt-del end task it. Anyways, whenever I play SOF, and I minimise the game, everything is a lot less clear, as in there seems to be less contrast - its like there is a thin "membrane" over the entire screen, its all misty. Whenever the game is shut down however, this all goes back to normal. After the crash however, it has been like this - even after a restart. I have stuffed around with most of the settings on the monitor itself, but I cant seem to figure it out. To clarify my problem, I tried to take a screenshot, but there is nothing wrong with the screenshot, so its bound to be something with the monitor itself.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Korrupt

The game may have changed the refresh rate!!! Are you using a crt or a flatpanel???

I'm using a samsung syncmaster 940n lcd panel. The refresh rate was the only thing I havnt tried yet, but will try now:)

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Korrupt

Ok, I tried changing refresh rate to 75, but no difference...:(

Regards,

Korrupt

No, I havnt - but there seems to be no reason to do that.... or do you think the driver may have been affected by the crash?

Also, I tried taking a screenshot, and then I pasted it into paint, moved the entire thing around, and it only seems to occur at the bottom half of the monitor... When I move the taskbar up to middle, there is no problem... Also, when I duck down and look at the monitor from a more 90 degree angle, the problem seems to dissapear also...

Regards,

Korrupt

Ive had crashes in the past that have caused bad data to be written to the hard drive, it is possible that it has happened and damaged yout driver, its worth a try!!!
Running scandisk my be worth doing too!!!!

Alright, i went to control panel>display>settings>advanced>troubleshooting and put the accelerater tab all the way to the left, the problem is solved now. I do however want to use the "accelerators"...

Any ideas?

Regards,

Korrupt

As Rik stated, I had to reinstall all my video drivers and graphics accelerators. Thanks so much for your help:D

Regards,

Korrupt

PS: Howard, I wasnt sure if I should edit my last post...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back