game crash, minidump included

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suffix

Hey, I crashed today during a game and when I sent the report to microsoft all they could tell me is it was a device driver, figures. I was hoping if anyone who could read minidumps had a second they would take a look, thanks.

Your minidump crashes at portcls.sys. This is the Windows Port Class (Class Driver for Port/Miniport Devices).

From what I can gather. updating your sound drivers can fix this.

Do a Google search for portcls.sys, and take a look at some of the solutions.

Please be aware that one minidump is not normally enough to make a diagnosis.

You might also want to go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :)

Hello Help!!!

hi i am new here i am from Venezuela so sorry about my wrinting .I downloaded alone in the dark 3 and it is a pak file i wanna know if i can play it in windows xp.
i want to know to, if i can play a game .rar withouth have to burn it into a cd thanks for your help

andreshm said:
hi i am new here i am from Venezuela so sorry about my wrinting .I downloaded alone in the dark 3 and it is a pak file i wanna know if i can play it in windows xp.
i want to know to, if i can play a game .rar withouth have to burn it into a cd thanks for your help

Techspot does not condone the use of pirated software.

Try buying the game.

Hey, I updated the sound drivers with the latest fromt he manufactorer and expereinced another crashe today, could you check if it was the same problem if you get a chance? Thanks

Your latest minidump crashes at Npfs.SYS. This is your Windows NPFS Driver.

I must admit, I`m not sure what the cause of this particular error is.

Try a google search for Npfs.sys

Regards Howard :)

thanks howard, your a huge help

I did a little reasearch, NPFS.sys stands for "Named Pipe File System" article on npfs . It keeps track of the pipelines inside the computer. The only thing that I know of that uses pipelines is a graphics card. So might this be my problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back