game crashes, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
i always get a memory error when playing any game, at all.
not the blue screen, the one where it says "send error report".
next time it happens i can take a screenshot if its needed.

i was going to format my HD but i wanted to find out the cause of these errors.
someone mentioned it could be the physical memory, maybe one of the sticks are dead. i took one out, played something and it crashed about 5-10 minutes into the game. i put that one back in an took the other one out, same deal.

the system is
Athlon 64bit 3000+
512x2 ram (pc2700 or pc3200, i cant remember)
120GB SATA HD
GeForce 6800GT 256ram

any suggestions or help will be appreciated. thanks

I found this on somewhere else after searching all day. i going to try it when i get hom hopefully it will work.

My card is 6600 but i think its on same chipset as 6800.

I did have a problem with random freezing mainly noticed in FarCry (very card stressful) and when attempting to bench in '03

Yes I know there have been several threads but no one has posted a concrete solution. This worked for me and ALOT of other people in the OCUK forum.

First of all I thought heat, then I thought power related. However after lots of testing and forum posts it turns out it was Fast Writes being enabled causing it. I cant take credit but it definitly fixed the problem.

Interestingly disabling it in bios did not disable it in windows and I had to disable it using RivaTuner.Download Here

Also instersetingly for people not experiancing this, disabling Fast Writes appears to allow higher overclocks for people using all types of 6800s.

This appears to be a problem specifically on the nforce3 150/250/Pro/non-pro chipset ironically (as far as we know).

The problem has been posted by people in various places but its never been categorically fixed to my knowledge anyway (I did lots of googling believe me!). So I felt it best to post as a FYI for people.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back