Game lockups and crash to BSOD in BF2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

When I try to play Battlefield 2 online I get very choppy game play, the game locks up and the sound keeps on repeating, this usualy happens a few times each lasting around 10 seconds, after around 5 minutes of game play the game locks up totaly then crashes to the BSOD. This doesnt happen all the time (Around 25% of games played). I have tried everything I could think of to fix this but im stumped. Any help would be much apreciated.

My specs:
Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz HT
Radion X600 Mobility
1024MB DDR RAM (2x512MB Sticks)

More system information can be found here: System Specs

I have also included the files in my minidump directory

Thanks in advance
Lunchi

I've had nothing but trouble with my X600 card, this will be the last time I buy ATI. I used to get VPU recover on like every game, except now it usually locks up compltely and I have to shut my comp off manually or else, it'll just stay frozen while repeating that annoying screeching glitch sound.

I wouldn't recommend an ATI product to anyone, ever. I never had any problems with my geforce 2 card way back in the day ! but I had an ATI radeon 9600, that didn't work very, well, I would get VPU recover messages frequently, and then the same with my new card, and this was on two different computers, so, i've concluded that ATI = unstable and unreliable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the help guys, I tried the omega drivers and they have made no difference what so ever. Still getting the same problem, any other sugestions?

swker98

i had the same exact problem as you and solved it by upgrading my motherboard drivers but i think this only happionds with nivida boards, also how hot is your r prossor and case and viedocard at time of crash

Status
Not open for further replies.