Game Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaroddog

I would like some game recommendations to try out my 6600GT (should be here on Monday). I don't like super-violent games or war games that well. Star Wars Battlefront was one I liked, though. I'm an Age of Empires fan, but haven't tried the new one (would have, but I just now got my pc into a stable condition). I might like a RPG game, but I've never played one before... I wouldn't want to pay a monthly or yearly fee to play online though. Hopefully this will give you an idea of some of my tastes. I like games with nice graphics, so maybe something fairly modern. Maybe you can give me some of your favorites or recommendations.

Thanks
Jarod

Well, if you liked Age of Empires, then try Age of Myhology along with the expansion. After two years I still play it every once in a while with my wife :)

here are some of my favorites:

Guild Wars~ fantasy based RPG game
(dont have to kill other players unless you want to)

Sid Meier's Pirates! ~ awesome game !

HomeWorld II

Links2003 Golf :)

Oh yes yes yes... How could I forget about GW, and Homeworld is great too! What's more it runs in Linux natively - no need for cedega :p

I'll triple the suggestion for Guild Wars. It's a very pretty game and not a big system killer.

Civilizations IV is nice but needs some CPU power. Your XP2800+ should be fine though as we also play it here on an XP2500+.
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 has nice graphics as well and a great sim/builder.
Need For Speed:Most Wanted
If you can find Morrowind, it runs nice on a 6600GT
Halflife2 is a real hoot for the one player.
Battle for Middle Earth has nice graphics for a fantasy RTS

I would recommend Search and Rescue 4, an awesome helicopter sim. The graphics are sweet for it's time (I found it on e-bay for cheap). The other series I love is Pro Pinball by Empire Interactive. IMO the most realistic out there. Lastly, FlatOut is a hilarious race game http://www.flatoutgame.com/
It's very graphic intensive, mindless fun! I hope there's at least one you'll find entertaining. Cheers... :)

The only not very violent non-shooter is GuildWars, i can play it on full graphics with my geforce 5500, but doesn't look that nice. Just think about it on a 6600! Not to mention it's a free per month game.

I really liked Star Wars Jedi Academy.

Learning to use the lightsaber effectively was awesome.

I'm making my list. Guild Wars sounds fun. Oh, and I've played AoM (I've been playing every Ensemble Studios games since they first came out). I think I'll try Age 3 once it comes down in price about $10 (maybe Star Wars Battlefront 2 when it does the same). What exactly do you do in Guild Wars? I'm a little confused. Also, do you think my system (with a 6600GT instead of my current card) should be up to par as far as playing all these games on at least lower settings? Thanks guys.

Your system seems fine to me. I would avoid the new AoE, until there is a decent patch anyway. There is a growing list of concerns with fans about features that Ensemble missed out such as advanced formations and detailed unit commands (a big minus IMO), but it's a good game otherwise. A good RPG that's not too violence based could be Morrowind (the GOTY edition) it has a massive variety of gameplay and plenty of mods available. My friends all recommended Battlefront 2 fpr me, so it must be pretty good. Anyway, H.T.H

EDIT: Try Psychonauts, excellent RPG.

Guild Wars is an online RPG- you make a character, start at level one.. go out and kill stuff, hunt, quest.. get experience and level the character up with stats, new attacks and gear. It's a real hoot and doesn't have any monthly fee. (Free online play). You can play totally solo online (even form parties with computer players... if you want like a healer, mage and/or warrior to go exploring) or group-up with other players online.

It's a very fun game.. lots of diversity and looks really nice. Your system will play it at very nice settings as it's system friendly and programmed well.

You've got a nice gaming system there and you should be able to play just about anything on the shelves there at decent/pretty settings.

Well I don’t play RPG games that much but still would like to tell you about some games - mostly violent and full of gore puke: , your favorites !!! ;) - which I think anyone with a decent PC should try.
F.E.A.R
DOOM 3
Quake 4
Serious Sam 2
Battlefield 2
Age of Empires 2
Sims 2
Half Life 2
Vampires
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Command and Conquers Zero Hour
World of Warcraft
Unreal Tournament 2

Well these are ones I could think of. Some of them are old, but worth playing. Hopes this helps. And thanks for your comment!!! :unch:

I don't think I've ever played an RPG game in my entire life, but these guys convinced me to go and buy Guild Wars. I'm going to try it on my Geforce2 MX400 (my 6600GT comes Monday), even though the Geforce2 cards aren't officially supported.

I'm installing it now, any guesses on whether it will work (a.k.a. playable) on lowest settings?

I went and bought Guild Wars. You all are right, it is a cool game. It looks pretty bad on my current Geforce2 (I'm fortunate it'll even play), but come Monday, I'll fix that problem. Thanks for turning me on to a great game and look me up on GW some time (I'm go by Jarod Reid)

Sorry guys, Im meant Unreal 2 and Unreal Tournament 2004. Was in a hurry and did check over :dead: . Found some more games -
EverQuest 2
City of Heroes
City of Villains
:angel:

i recommend u to try the prince of persia series from ubisoft...mindblowing graphics and storyline with puzzle and adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back