Game says CPU slower but my CPU is way faster then that

Status
Not open for further replies.
unable to run C&C Generals....says in system info on the game saying that my cpu speed is 80mhz but my actual cpu speed is 2.13ghz. Iv noticed everytime i run the game or try to and check system info the cpu speed goes up and down but still wont get to my actual cpu speed ?

- James

Reinstall it maybe??

Try googling SiSoftware Sandra, and running the CPU benchmark, see if it comes back with proper information, it will indicate whether its a hardware or software problem...

ukjimbow said:
unable to run C&C Generals....says in system info on the game saying that my cpu speed is 80mhz but my actual cpu speed is 2.13ghz. Iv noticed everytime i run the game or try to and check system info the cpu speed goes up and down but still wont get to my actual cpu speed ?

- James

It chould also be that your running tomuch stuff in the background too! If you are running Background stuff that is slowing down your CPU too! Just a thought.

It's probably AMD's cool'n'quiet or Intel's speedstep clocking down your CPU speed when it's idling.

did test

did test and everythings fine....looks like a software issue but it works on my normal pc. My laptop is intel 2.13ghz mobile....maybe it dont like mobile ? reinstalled so many times iv lost count....still any ideas ? hmmmm

- James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back