Game Speed Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Geforce 6600 8x graphic card with 256 mb memory. I'm trying to find the minimum requirements for this game that uses sprite based technology (textures). Given the fact no 3D technology is calculated by the graphic card, only textures, shouldn't the speed of this game play very fast? I thought my mother board was causing the problem since it only has an AGP 4x slot, but the Geforce 6600 8x converts to 4x so what could be causing the "bottle neck?" The game's frame rate is bouncing around 30 frames or less.

My PC Specs:
Name - Gateway Desktop Mid Tower (GW 500s) Color - Silver and Black
Pentium 4 2.0 ghz
Windows XP Home
DirectX 9.0 or higher
1.5 gb RAM
38 gb Hard Drive
550 watt Power Supply
4x AGP Mother Board
Verto Geforce 6600 8x AGP, 256 memory

Nug Johnson
nug1978@aol.com

The Geforce 660 is not a powerhouse card. although it is probably suited to the system you have listed. what game is this that you are talkinig about? if it is a 3D game and the video card isnt doing the calculations, then that would mean that the CPU has to do them. and you got what? a 2Ghz 400 mhz fsb cpu? your running 1.5GB of unspecified ram so it isnt running dual channel and it's probably PC2100 or PC 2700 at best. Not exactly the ideal set up for any newer game that demands alot from the CPU.

Understand, there is no 3D technology used in this game.....it is all sprite based. That means a graphic card would only have to prepare textures and not 3D related calculations such as vertexes.

Its an Action game that hasn't been released yet. I'm trying to find the minium system requirements for the makers. Of course the game will play with a more powerhoused system, the makers know that....my job is to find the weakess system that will play it fast. I'll be moving to Columbus soon to meet up with the designers.....my tail pipe is through dealing if I don't have results.

Facts about this unreleased title:
- Uses DirextX 8.0 or higher
- Windows OS: 2000SE, ME, XP or better
- Uses sprite base technology instead of 3D meshes
- Requires a Pentium class PC
- Hardware that supports scalling (most pc's have this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back