Gamecube problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefchu (PoLsKa

Hey, I have an American Gamecube that I brought to Europe. I don't know what happened but every time i now turn on my gamecube, it says "NO DISC". :( I think the problem is the laser. I don't want to get a proffessional guy to fix it though because i can't play any games from Europe unless I chip it. Can someone tell me how to have my laser running so My gamecube works again?
I'm free to suggestions. Thanx
Stefchu

No, it can play US games all right, its just that whenever i put the disc in, It says "NO DISC" after like 1 minute. I think somethings wrong with the laser. Can u help me?

When does it say "NO DISC" ? When you insert a US game ? If it says so when you insert a PAL game, that's to be expected I suppose.

But my Gmaecube is American also, so when it says "No DISC" i can't do anything about it no matter how many times i clean the disc

More people please help me, I really need it now, I'm not really happy that my Gamecube is not working. Right now any good suggestion would work for me. Please post ur reply if u know a good lot about gamecubes or if u have an idea, thanx

It seems to be a problem with the CD lens. You could try cleaning it or maybe sending it back in for repair.

ps. a PAL Gamecube game is a game made for European Gamecubes & will not work on a US or Japanese Gamecube without software or hardware modding.

ps2. please avoid bumping your thread every 5 minutes.

I know absolutely nothing about game consoles.

However, the fact that it`s been brought from the USA to Europe gives me cause for concern.

The voltages will be different in Europe.

I.E the USA operates on a voltage of 120V while Europe operates on a different voltage. See HERE for a list of voltages around the world.

I`ve a feeling this may be the source of your problem.

Regards Howard :)

I'm sorry howard but i think u r wrong, i have a voltage converter so it works fine, my gamecube can turn on and stuff but its the lens i need suggestions for,

Thx didou, but if i clean the lens, ont that just make everything worse, the first thing it says on the gamecube manual is not to TOUCh the lens

Ah I see.

I didn`t know you had a voltage converter.

I suppose it`s possible the machine has been damaged during transit.

If u have had experience in these porblems, do you think it would be OK if i cleaned the lens with a tissue??? water would not be good would it???

I don`t recommend physically touching the lense at all.

You could try using a cd lense cleaning cd.

Obviously your game cube worked fine in the USA, but not now in Europe.

It looks like it may have got damaged in some way during transit, possibly it`s been banged or dropped. This would cause the laser to become misaligned.

That`s all I can think of I`m afraid.

Thank you howard, could u please suggest where i can find a cleaning CD as in The south of France it is hard to find Gamestop or other game-selling shops. My Gamecube is now about 3 and a half years old. Maybe it's just from age, I will take your advice

Regards
Stefchu

!!!!!!

Thank you Howard, I appreciate it very much. Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Stefan

If anyone else has any other suggestions on how to fix my porblem. I'm open to try about anything now. But not to complicated. Is ther actually such a thing as a disc that cleans the laser??? I find that pretty hard to believe. If anyone else has another recommendation please say so.
Thank you

Does a lens cleaning CD exist for gamecube???

A few days ago i had a gamecube porblem and someone said to get a lens cleaning Cd so that it fixesthe lens and so my gamecube works again. Does this type of CD exist????? I find that hard to believe.

You can try ordering one. I don't know where you can buy stuff like this there. Do they have regular computer stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back