Games Crashing / Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a new computer about a month ago and built it myself as i have most of my computers. This time i have had so many problems and cannot figure them out for the life of me. First i had a Radeon x1950 pro that was overheating and crashing everything. I sent it back for a new one and it also crashed games but did not overheat.

I then bought a Geforce 8600 GTS games are still crashing. Sometimes i crash to bluescreen with the nvidia driver failure message. Sometimes i just crash to desktop while other times the entire computer crashes and i have to reboot. At this point i dont think its a graphics card issue and possibly some other hardware issue.

My PSU is an Ultra X-Connect X2 550 Watt
I monitor CPU temperatures it never overheats
I monitor GPU temperatures they no longer oveheat
Voltages seem ok

I am using Onboard Realtek audio which could be an issue but im not certain

When i run any 3d intensive game they crash randomly right now im only running CoD4 and Lotro

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi,
To me that sounds like a driver issue, ok i can't prove that, but what u can do is got to "run" and type 'eventvwr.msc', if u r running vista, then press 'winlogokey + r' then click on system. that should give u list of errors,and the u will see what to go about it.
If its a driver issue, all u need to do is to make sure u uninstall the drivers for nvidia, and all for ATI and then reboot, and try reinstalling them again.
That should solve your problems.
All the best.

Cheers
Robin

i thought the same thing at first so i did that and still had the problem so i went ahead did a fresh reformat and only installed the geforce and still have problems. Im going to try a fresh install of the radeon and see what happens.

EDIT : Ran memtest on my ram looks like they have some errors im going to try and replace them see if that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back