Games Crashing?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

danger_mouse

Well....

I read on the back of my Graphics card box that the card i have needed a min of 300w power and i looked at my PSU and it only had 250w MAX, so i went out and get myself a "Hiper Power Low Noise 350w" PSU fitted myself!

But since ive got my new PSU i have found my games (Black and White 2 and Oblivion) have started to freeze and reset the computer!

Didnt have them two games before i got my new PSU!

Does anyone think is MAY be the PSU or not?

My system is:

Pentium 4 2.8ghz
1gb ram
256mb GeForce 6600

Which is enough is run both them games fine!!

Thanks!!!

Did you uninstall ALL drivers AND applications for your old card before fitting your new one?

There are several ways to fix this but it depends on what windows version you are using and how good you are with it!!

check one more time every cable connection then first update all your drivers.. try run memtest , prime95 or superPI ( 8M digits) if these gives error or crashes its probaly memory or mobo issue (settings or bad memory,get new bios ver) if everything is ok then try run 3dmark 2006 to test your videocard.. chehk also cpu/gpu temperatures

Rik: Yes I did uninstall drivers and install all new drivers for my new card!! And im not very good with windows, its Windows XP Home Edition, SP2!

kangaruffian: Ive checked all cables and ive just put my old PSU back in and ran the game and it ran for 1h 30mins before freezing and resetting!

The Model is HPU-3S350.

Temps are all below 45C and when I try to test if they get 2 high while playing my game test are lost because the comp resets!

How do I use memtest and prime95?

EDIT: SuperPI just finished on 8mb, got this:

Attachments

• superpi.JPG
    superpi.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 8
Its the PSU most probably. If u can, use it in another PC. See if the problem persists. Overheating can also be a problem. Use SIW or Everest Home Edition to get ur CPU and GPU temps.

Thanks for your help!! Ill take it back later may get another from the same place but i aint sure yet!

Ill try and get my mate over later see what he says, plus he got a 400w i could try out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back