Games Cutts off to desktop or Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys ive tryed looking for answers for my problem and i cant find it anywhere so i thought ill come here..

Right the problem is when i play my games and i play about 5-10 mins of gameplay my game cutts off to the desktop without any error message at all, ive tryed the acceleration hardware in the advanced options in display and it still doesnt work(ive evan tryed reformatting my pc) my cpu temp is around the 50's and graffix card dont go that hot and it still cuts off

ne help on this i would be grateful thx

did you try the settings for the video. changing if this is an option, from open gl to direct 3d, or vice versa

you could also go into the game adn change the graphic quality to something less strenous....also make sure that the card fully supports whatever direct x you need to play the game....you may also want to (as a last resort) reload the drivers and yet if all else fails get a new graphics card

hmm what games are you referring to. this happens to me too sometimes. i have fx 5200 and it happens all the time on medal of honor pacific assault.

i also have the nvidia geforce fx5200 and medal of honor pacific assualt is a little jerky at times...but i fixed that problem by adding another fan in from of my case...if you have all your fan slots maxed out then you could open the side of your case....just make sure that nothing falls in the case....your card shouldnt be over stressed.....try getting the latest drivers from nvidia

if you have to take off the side of your pc just to cool it enough, my opinion is you live somewhere where its too hot or there is a problem with your cooling in the pc. maybe should install a fullsize air conditioner in it..lol

well i have 71.81 drivers (newest) i have it overclocked to "optimal" settings, my comp is supposedly set on cool and quiet mode, and i do have 2 fans, and a duct on the side of the case. maybe i should go back to the 67~~~whatever drivers?? the 71.81 drivers were built for the quadro cards, but theyre fully backwards compatible. mayeb i should increase my video aperture size in bios?? i had it at 256 i just decreased it to 128. i heard if you have a lot of RAM aperture is not needed. and my pagefile is 5-4096 on both hard drives. it usually only crashes once then next time i play itll be ok.

if it were me, i would continue to test different options. just try different settings out and see how they work. it takes some time, yes. but there are alot of different factors that could cause a game to freeze up. spyware/malware can cause that issue as well.

did u say you overclocked it???? that could be a huge factor in why it crashes...and it would explain the suppossed heating problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back