Games don't work after new cpu, motherboard, and ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
I replaced my old socket A motherboard and got a pentium D and some ddr2. I'm using the same ati radeon 9600xt and the same hard drive and everything works fine until I try loading up a game. I tryed reinstalling the drivers and reinstalling the games and the same thing happens. I open up warcraft III and the opening video plays through then the menu screen never comes up. Help please I don't know what to do. Also my power supply is only 280watts. Could that have anything to do with the problem?

I didn't uninstall the old motherboard drivers because I thought that was taken care of when windows automatically updated everything. I don't know how I would go about uninstalling the old drivers.

Back up your data first.

load your windows xp cd and enter the install wizard. Choose to Repair your installation NOT Reinstall/Reformat. This will bring your drivers and windows updates back to default or generic ones. Then reinstall the latest ones from the manufacturer's websites.

Read this: https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8356&highlight=windows+repair

If you suspect power problems, use this PSU Calculator and input all your system specs and hit Calculate. Add 50W or 20% (whichever is greater) to the amount and that should be your minimum PSU requirements. Note that since you got a dedicated graphics card, check your PSU and it should have at least 18Amps on the +12V line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back