Games quit out, and somtimes computer restarts randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, heres what happens.
One day i was playing some steam and all of a sudden it frezzes. i go to task manger and try to end the process there, but it says "error" cannot end program when it is locked[eventully had to restart]. This has never happend to me. Other time when i was playing some wierd game named "Rakion" , It froze, and i did the same steps, and it told me the same thing, except that it restarted my computer. When I logged into windows it gave me somthing about a Device driver malfuction. I got the new drivers for my video card, but it still does the same thing: 1. freezes random times 2.either lags you out and quits you, or just plain restarts. I want to know if this is a virus or somthing im not doing right. Please answer as quick as you can.

-Mario [Geforce6800 GT] <----just in case u need 2 know vid card

hey i had this happening to me on CS:S and it said "Unknown device driver" and i couldn't figure it out even after reinstalling all my drivers for EVERYTHING and it turns out one day I took a look at my memory and it turns out that (I already knew this) I had dual channel memory, I thot it was in the dual channel mode when apparently it wasn't so i switched it to dual channel and it hasnt restarted, froze, etc. since.........other than that just a little story maybe it helps........good luck

gamingmage said:
hey i had this happening to me on CS:S and it said "Unknown device driver" and i couldn't figure it out even after reinstalling all my drivers for EVERYTHING and it turns out one day I took a look at my memory and it turns out that (I already knew this) I had dual channel memory, I thot it was in the dual channel mode when apparently it wasn't so i switched it to dual channel and it hasnt restarted, froze, etc. since.........other than that just a little story maybe it helps........good luck

Where do I turn on this dual channel mode, I think I have that kind of memory to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back