Games running slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a dell e310 160 gig harddrive 2gig of ram
and i just bought a visiontek radeon x1300 pci graphics card it works good for the most part but when i play games it makes them real slow then when i was useing onboard graphics is there anything i can do to fix it and what might cause this....

forgot to say 256mb graphics card =(
some help whoud be greatly appreciated.
thank you

Slower than when you where on the integrated graphics??
I don't know THAT much about ATI cards, but that just seems wrong. I have seen low end nvidia cards (from previous generations) beaten by onboard graphics, but before concluding that it's simply your card that's too slow, have you tried all the ordinary steps like updating your drivers, defragging your harddrive etc?

Try getting the newest drivers from here: XP drivers

EDIT: I overlooked the fact that you have the PCI version of the card. That card won't be able to deliver much performance simply because it's bandwith is limited by the PCI bus. I guess you didn't read this.

Did you install the drivers for the videocard? (forgive me for asking if you did, I don't mean to call you a noob or anything) Those symptoms seem indicative of improperly installed or no graphics drivers.

i play dfbhd and ghost recon advanced warfighter and bf2 they all run slower then they did with my onboard graphics card and yes i installed drive disabled onboard and updated my drivers...

There's one of the problems. G.R.A.W is probably the most advanced video game ever made, and you're running it on a lower end video card. It still seems like you have a software issue or something. Try to roll back your drivers to the version they came with in the install cd (if you have one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back