Games you'd like to make a comeback?

M_Jones

As the title states, lets have discussion on sequels, franchises and comebacks.

<-------------------------------------->

My favourite game would be Dungeon Keeper - Probably the best game ever ever! Would be amazing to see this kind of originality comeback onto out shelves. It was such a nicely rounded game and its such a shame Bullfrog went down all those years ago.

Another game I'd love to see would be Warcraft IV. All the RTS Warcraft's were some of my favourite games and I remember 1 and 2 well from when I was younger. Would be great to further the story some more with the trademark cinematics!

Hmm.. I would like to see a sequal to the Chrono series. Chrono Trigger was awsome, along with Chrono Cross.

Yup, another classic.

I used to love some of the old Commodore64 games like grid runner and some of the level nine text adventures. No need for graphics with an imagination like mine lol.

The only modern game I`ve played that I actually liked was Silent Hill on the ps2, scared the hell out of me. ;)

Regards Howard :)

Half-Life 1. They created Half-Life 1: Source but it was the same game with minor improvements, like HDR or the new water effect. Otherwise its the same game with the same textures. Thank god for Black Mesa: Source.

Anyone remember Speedball2 from the Atari ST?

Loved that game, and always wondered why there wasn't one on a newer platform. Cracking idea for a film too?

cfitzarl said:

But they are still making Sonic games, cfitzarl. For Gamecube and Wii!

But they do need to go back to there 3d roots.

I miss the blue hedgehog going 100mph...

I'd say Odyssey... The Search for Ulysses

Although the **** thing won't even hardly install on my computer, let alone play......... I am starting to hate XP ... :p

Warcraft IV for sure. Warcraft 3 is a great game, but looking at the engine, the graphics are simply terrible. They are incredibly low poly and out of date. But Warcraft 4 would be great. Although it seems quite far off as Starcraft 2 is now in the works... and WoW is constantly in the works all the while...

MetalX said:
Warcraft IV for sure. Warcraft 3 is a great game, but looking at the engine, the graphics are simply terrible. They are incredibly low poly and out of date. But Warcraft 4 would be great. Although it seems quite far off as Starcraft 2 is now in the works... and WoW is constantly in the works all the while...

For the time they were good though and its still a great game to play.

There was a tank game from the 1970's (not Battlezone, which I still have on a PC) in which two players (each with a tank) could team up to fight the enemy tanks on various battlefields. It was great fun for me and my brother to play at the local Arcade. Can't remember the name of the game, but it was a lot of laughs and one of the first games that I am aware of that allowed collaboration between two players. Not sure that it ever made it outside of the arcade format, though.

Contra, baby. Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, B, A, Select. I'll never forget that code. I must have beaten that game a million times to date, and it would be awesome to have a new generation game that played similarly to the original.

Back