Gaming and linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some games are natively supported, and some have been ported for linux. Is there any particular game you want to play?

yea but gaming and linux and mac os's will honestly never have as much games as windows does like when you think about a computer quickly the first thing that comes to mind is windows not linux and such.like when i told some one i had a operating system on my ps3 there like o you have xp on your ps3 !!! and im like i wish lol then i said i have linux and it went silent enough to hear a pin drop and he was like is linux a type of windows or somthing like xp and vista and i just thought to myself its hopeless lol

Please use punctuation and proper capitalization when you post. Reading that gave me a headache.

Well sorry guys it was really early in the morning when i posted that. I'll keep that in mind next time i post stuff when im tired.

I would also mention a not-so-free option, that will run a lot of things that wine won't. http://www.transgaming.com/.
I believe it is like $5 a month or something like that. You may just be able to pay once and just use that version until you need to update, idk. I don't really game, so yeah... Check out some of Linux's free games though. Do a google, there's a lot of games (free) out there. Granted nothing like bioshock ;) But if you wanted to play games like that you really should either stick with windows, or dual-boot.

In all honesty if you're in to gaming then Linux is not for you. You can dual boot or just run Windows. If you're into FPS games then games such as Doom3 and Quake4 will run natively on Linux. I have those running rather well.

Don't forget VMware guys! Even though the actual games run sluggish in VMware (with XP or Vista). VMware is seriously one of your only options for "Games for Windows" to actually run in Linux. In addition to gaming in Linux, you should consider playing Linux-compatible games - there are thousands of open source games in existence.

Good Luck,
FenderGuy2112

fenderguy2112 said:
Don't forget VMware guys! Even though the actual games run sluggish in VMware (with XP or Vista). VMware is seriously one of your only options for "Games for Windows" to actually run in Linux.
Uh, I haven't seen any "Games for Windows" games that don't require 3D acceleration, which VMware doesn't provide.

Mictlantecuhtli said:
Uh, I haven't seen any "Games for Windows" games that don't require 3D acceleration, which VMware doesn't provide.

Hehe, very true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back