gaming issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashblingbling

whenever i play halo online the game runs slow i have to play it on the lowest settings to play it . i have a amd athlon xp 2800+ 768 mb memory , radeon 9200 , i have all the latest drivers for everything and still it runs slow , so can somebody please help me out.

make sure u are not running any background applications, like a pesky virus scanner, running or downloading some mature/questionable material and if it is, stop it. hope that helps

Go here:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

You have to download the ActiveX from the site for the test to work.

Run a test for Halo: Combat Evolved

If you get recommended you system is awesome!

If you get a minimum pass then upgrade your system to the stuff it needs ( videocard, RAM or something else like that )

If you fail do the same for the minimum pass results

Hope I helped :D

Also I think your Videocard might be the problem because it's really old, do you know what bus slot you have? ( PCI, AGP, PCI-e ) and I can help you pick out a new videocard so you can run halo at max settings! :)

i use agp , and that would be helpful if u can tell me a new video card , can you tell me a card that you can like get at walmart or bestbuy .

on da test everything passed except this part of the graphic card in the recommended section

Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 1.1
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 1.4

Get an ATI Radeon X1650PRO (AGP version) or an NVIDIA GeForce 7600GS (AGP version) and you should be able to play the game very smoothly. Make sure you buy the AGP versions of these cards and not the PCI Express ones, since the latter will not work in your PC.

can u tell me a card that you can get at walmart or bestbuy cuz i dont have a credit card , and i cant use a card dat uses a power supply cord my power supply isnt that much

That card needs a 450W minimum PSU. Are you sure your PC is upto it?
This is a better bet since it doesn't need that much power and will play Halo and other games quite nicely. It is also more powerful than the X1550.

hey dude i fixed it going smooth on 1024x768 with everything high , the problem was in the bios where bios asks how much 3d rendering AGP memory to be apertured it ws on 64 mbs and i just put it on 128 mb and now its going super smooth thanks for your help tho... im so glad now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back