Gaming Pc Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

seemab123

I jus was about to buy a new gaming pc but thought why not ask for tips if its gud or not. This is whats in it:
1 x NZXT Trinity ATX Tower Case 5X5.25 1X3.5 4X3.5INT ATX2.0 400W W/ Blue LED Fan & Window
1 x AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual Core Processor Socket AM2 Windsor 2.0GHZ 2X512KB 89W 90NM Retail Box
1 x Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro S754 S939 S940 2200RPM 40CFM Heatsink Fan
1 x MSI K9N NEO-F ATX Nforce 550 AM2 DDR2 PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 3PCI SATA Sound GB LAN Motherbo *IR-$10.00*
1 x Corsair Value Select PC2-4200 1GB 2X512MB DDR2-533 240PIN DIMM Dual Channel Memory
1 x Seagate Barracuda 250GB 7200.10 8MB 8.5MS SATA2 NCQ Hard Drive
1 x EVGA E-GEFORCE 7600 GT PCI-E 256MB VGA DVI-I HDTV Out Video Card
1 x Chaintech AV-710 PCI Sound Card 7.1 24-BIT Optical Out Retail Box *IR-$0.02*
1 x Samsung SH-S182 DVD+RW 18X8X16 DVD-RW 18X6X16 DL-8X DVD Writer IDE Black OEM W/ Software

All of this is $884 canadian currency money. If u have anything i should replace tell me but try to stay reletivley in same price range. Thanks.

This is also a system which is relitevley cheaper. I jus need a system with room for upgrades.
Product Specifications

CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual Core Processor
Motherboard Socket AM2 Motherboard
Memory 512MB DDR2-667
Optical Drive 16X DVD-Writer
Hard Drive 250GB Hard Drive
Video ATI RADEON X800XL 256MB GDDR3 PCI-Express
Audio Integrated 5.1 Audio
Network Integrated 10/100 LAN
Case ATX Mid Tower w/ 400 Watt Power Supply (Black)
Warranty 1-year in-store warranty

Get the first system, but replace the video card with the one from the second system if it works out cheaper that way. But otherwise, get the first system itself, since it has a lot more power. Both have room for upgrades, but in terms of raw power, the first system wins.

Ya i would like something a lil bit cheaper because im only 13 years old... My dad refused to by me one so it took me to 3 years to save enough money. I have enough money for the first one but if i switch the graphics card to a x800 how many years will i be able to play high end games on it? thanks again.

Probably yes, but most PSU´s that come with cases are garbage. Unless you get an Antec case, with an Antec PSU.
You should better get a quality PSU, from Antec, Enermax, FSP Group (Fortron) and OCZ.

Avoid cheap power supplies, because they can kill your other valuable components.

Regards :wave:

BTW, Welcome to Techspot! :)

Umm obviously nobody else noticed that the first one had an Nforce mobo chipset...an NVIDIA chipset.. DONT put an ATI video card in a NVIDIA motherboard..please?

Get the 7600GT, hell read review this web site did on them they really are great cards, I would like to see you get a motherboard thats SLI capable for future expansion, also you are going to find that 1GB of RAM will hold you back 2GB would be significantly better.

Cliff notes
1)Dont put ATI in Nvidia mobo
2)Get SLI capable mobo
3)More RAM, maybe future upgrade

thats like saying I have a nissan with chevy engine, sure it works, but it wasn't exactly designed to, ya know?

What a load of crap. An nForce chipset is not "designed" to work with NVIDIA cards. It's just a chipset that gives much better features such as HD sound compared to other chipsets like VIA. For the latest nForce 5 series chipsets though, if u use them with an NVIDIA 79xx card they give a 25% performance boost through NVIDIA's LinkBoost technology. So know ur material before giving out wrong info Rayss523.
And Seema, I agree with wolfram the power supply that comes with that case is rubbish. U will need to get a new one. Good quality inexpensive supplies are made by Antec, Fortron FSP, Cooler Master, Enermax and Thermaltake. Check them out, since not getting a good one is endangering the life of ur PC, including that powerful 7600GT you probably will be getting.

thanks u guys. I will try to get more money to buy the power supply. Any ways wondering if someone could build me a cheaper gaming pc. My budget would be 800 dollars(canadaian). Thanks.

Hmm looks like you've built this from NCIX.com right? If so, then I suggest getting this RAM and this DVD burner, along with this hard disk drive and this casing, keeping all the other components the same as before. Also, get rid of the cooler, you won't need it. That would make it the same price as ur currently posted build but with a high-quality casing and power supply as well. Give it a go.

Budget's a major constraint for her Mirob, so I think it's a no-go. But that Core 2 Duo would sure beat the crap outta the X2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back