Gaming Problem/Computer Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been working on this problem for almost 2 months, and no one will help me. I was hoping I could find some friendly faces here.

Whenever I play any game that uses 3d acceleration, the game crashes within a few minutes. My computer will either freeze, reboot or blue screen. It started for seemingly no reason after using the same graphics card for almost 6 months. System:
800 mhz P3 (dont laugh)
384 MB RAM
WinXP
Radeon 9200se

I must have tried 50 things twice to try and fix it, by process of elimination I'm completly stumped. I have formatted my hard drive. I'm not over-heating or over-clocking. Tried several ATI catalyst video drivers. All of these things plus multiple settings changes that I won't bother trying to list them all here.

Someone please help!

The wattage of your psu should be written on a label on the psu itself.

In order to test your ram. download and run the Memtest86+ programme from www.memtest.org.

Let it run for at least seven passes. If you don`t have a floppy drive, there is an iso version that you can burn to cd, and then boot from that.

Regards Howard :)

It could be that it`s your video card`s ram that is going bad. Can you try your card in another system? Maybe try a different psu.

Regards Howard :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back