Garlbeld screen at start Nvivida Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased GeForce FX 5500 oc 256MB DDR AGP 8x/4x through dell online. When pc starts up the screen is garbled or pixelated with red or pink pixels. I've included a screen shot to better explain. It corrects after 3 to 4 restarts and then only reappears after the pc has been shut down over night.

Thanks for any help,
Ed

Attachments

• display.jpg
    display.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 11
MajorEd said:
I recently purchased GeForce FX 5500 oc 256MB

Thanks for any help,
Ed

Does the oc stand for overclocked? In that pic you have major artifacting going on. Turn down the clock speed maybe.

Sean

Hmm, sounds like a major pain :confused:

My best guess would be to make sure that:

1- The monitor is working fine (very unlikely that it wouldnt be)

2-The Video card/Chipset drivers are installed properly

Yes it does mean Overclocked. How would I go about turning it down.

As for the second response, I have check the monitor and its working fine. I've updated both the Bios and the Chipset. I talked to BFG Tech and they suggested running a drivers cleaner and reinstalling most recent drivers.

I'm doing this now, but plaese respond about the overclock issue, it may be the fix I'm looking for.

The wierd thing is it only does this once I install the Nvidia Drivers. After uninstalling all of it, while the pc is using the onboard vga drivers, it works fine, but once I put the cd or web Nvidia drivers, it goes back to distortion.

Be back in a few...

Did you OC the card? I am afraid what it is clocked at :dead: There are a few ways that you could change the frequiences. I am not a Nvidia man and have never owned that brand but here it goes.

1. I know Nvidia has a Coolbits program, but that needs to be enabled in the registry.
2. Maybe try Powerstrip?

Like i said before i am not certian on these, you may have better luck asking someone familar with Nvidia

Sean

Well I had to call BFG Tech, great support team btw, and they walked me through every test they had, nothing helped. I was given return info. Looks like this is going back to the junkyard from whence it came.

The wired things is I bought this one as an upgrade from a GeForce FX 5200/128MB to a GeForce FX 5500/256MB. But I'm setting here with my old card in that never gave me one bit of trouble. Well, I guess the good thing about glitches is you learn more about glitches so in the future you can tell others that you once had a glitch too and this is how you got your glitch--unglitched!! :D

Thanks for your help guys.
Ed

(P.S. I'm given Radeon a try next time :slurp: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back