Gates and Jobs to Make Joint Appearance at All Things Digital Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Apple, Inc. CEO Steve Jobs and Microsoft Corp. Chairman Bill Gates, the seminal figures in the development of the personal computer, will make a rare joint appearance at The Wall Street Journal's ``D: All Things Digital'' conference this year. The two men will jointly discuss the history and future of the digital revolution in an unrehearsed, unscripted, onstage conversation on May 30 with D co-producers Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher.

Both executives have made multiple individual appearances at the conference, which will celebrate its fifth anniversary this year, and is known as D5. But this will be their first joint session at D, and a highly unusual event.

In addition to participating in the joint session with Mr. Gates, Mr. Jobs will appear on his own in a separate segment at D5 to discuss the latest developments at Apple, including new ventures such as the iPhone and Apple TV. Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer will also appear at the conference in his own segment, to discuss Windows, Office, the Xbox, Zune, and other topics.

http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/070220/114073.html

I want to see them in their personal feud against each other. Did somebody say Texas Cagematch :D ?

"unrehearsed, unscripted"

Don't make me laugh ;) You can bet there's a thousand monkeys at a thousand typewriters working on it right now.

I thought they got along. Ballmer is the crazy one, if he was out there instead of Gates he'd probably physically attack Jobs for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back