Gateway goes through fire

AMDIsTheBest010

hey everybody:

we just recently had a fire, and it melted basically everything in the house. It melted my 3 Dell Notebooks, my Compaq Desktop, but even after a total loss on th house. my Gateway FX510X series desktop was down in a compartment in the computer desk, and i pulled it out, clean it up, and vaccumed out the Fans, and it works fine! I cracked open the case and there was no smoke or anything in it, it lookdes brand new. my 19" Gateway LCD had the plastic melted around the edges, but it still works too!

Specs:
Intel Pentium D 930 3.0GHZ
2048MB DDR2 SDRAM
320GB SATA 7200RPM
Nvidia GE6600 series 128MB dedicated/ up to 128MB allocated
TV/FM Tuner
7USB
4 IEEE1394
11 Audio ports, w/support for 7.1
Windows MCE 2005 w/ rollup2
19" Gatway LCD (melted, but still works)

...AMD

WOW.

I'm sorry for the loss, I'm sure there must have been more important things burned up then computers. That really sucks bad!

We've never had a house fire, but at another place we lived, our whole well house and barnyard and animal shelters went up in flames! It's a terrible feeling to see your stuff going up in flames.

I hope you recover soon.

Are you Ok man? I'm SO sorry for the loss of of your home and notebooks! I hope you recover soon.

Hey man. Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

I hope you and your family are all ok.

I know it`s a terrible thing to lose so much stuff, but it could have been far worse.

Regards Howard :(

I was gonna say its been some time since you last posted. Hope yourself and your family are all OK. It could've been worse so dont get bogged down. These things happen and lets hope something good comes out of it.

PS
Next step fire proof cases?

Sorry to hear your terrible misfortune. Its cool how the desktop worked great, but the important thing is that you and everyone else living in that house is ok. if you have insurance and warranty on the notebooks(everything else, insurance)then you can have everything replaced. Just out of curiosity, what was the cause of the fire?

I really hope you´re all OK. It should be terrible to watch your house in flames. The amazing thing is that your gateway PC still works :eek: .

I hope you and your family recover soon. :) :)

Taylub that last post was nice. I'm with taylub, amd. anything u need, im here 2 help

Thanks everybody for all your sincerity, BTW the cause of the fire was electrical, a light had a short in the cord. but i just thought it was amazing that the GateWay Desktop survived.

...AMD

Well, at least that is a nice hotel. It should capacitate you for a while.

btw, are you replacing your 3 notebooks?

hey AMD,

very sorry to hear about your loss. It can be very tough. A friend of mine just went through a similar situation when lightning struck his house and it caught on fire. he lived in a hotel for almost a year while the house was being rebuilt, when it came time to move back in... he didn't want to... lol :haha:

I can't say that I know how you feel, because I never had a house go up in flames. but I did have my 1984 Chevy Cavalier catch on fire (nothing was left but bare metal by the time the fire dept got there). I didn't have fire coverage on my car insurance, so the car was a total loss... but I did manage to get almost $500 from homeowner's insurance for all the random "uninstalled" crap I claimed was in it ;)

you can't replace what was lost... but when the insurance company sends that check in the end it's a nice feeling :)

as for that fire-proof computer.. I'll bet you're are a gateway fan for life now... lol

cheers :wave:

yes we are replacing the three laptops, we are going to give the reciepts to the ins company. And im going all out on these laptops, since im not paying for them:)

And yes, i am a gateway fan for life now, i will never buy another computer from another company.

...AMD

Back