Gateway Profile 5 video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, everybody. New guy, here! I just found this site and it looks like the place to find an answer. I have a Gateway Profile all in one desktop and I think the vid card crapped out. Problem is, Gateway doesn't have a replacement card available, after all, this thing was built in 2004. The card, however, has 2 sets of pins on the back unlike any other card I've seen. It claims to be an Nvidia GeForce Fx5200 64mb AGP. It does not push into a slot, however, it mounts to the motherboard with 2 screws. Part # is 6002572. I can't seem to find one anywhere. Can anybody help??? Thanks..Ed

you are looking at gateway's oem engineering there. don't waste your time with finding a replacement, for a multitude of reasons. i highly reccomend the next machine you buy is a custom job (available at competitive prices from local pc repair shops).

Thanks, zephead. I know what you mean about all in ones. I had a Compaq before this, years ago. This was a machine on clearance that I got a great deal on and it's one of 4 or 5 computers in the house. I'd still like to find a card to make it usable again.

perhaps you can get a graphics card that fits in one of your currently available standard expansion slots, but this is a remote possibility given your video card's non-working status. i'd take the drives, cables, cpu, and mabye the ram out, and throw the rest out. next time you get a computer, go down to a local pc repair shop and get yourself a custom machine. these guys almost always know what's best and will find something that works. plus, if something breaks, it can be serviced by any technician, and of course yourself.

Well, there's no chance of another card in there as there are NO expansion slots. I'll just sit on it and try to come up with a solution. I don't need the system up and running, it just made a nice extra PC in a bedroom. I may consider pulling the guts out, putting them in another case and inputting the signal back to this machine as it has a VGA in connector which I have never seen before. That was I can at least use the 17 inch flat panel. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back