GB GA7N400Pro2 playing up...help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GB GA7N400Pro2 buzzing sound...help?

Just bought a Gigabyte GA7N400Pro2 motherboard today, along with a Athlon XP 2800+ CPU and 2x256MB DDR400 RAM, and got it assembled. Nothing on it yet.

Problem I'm having is that I'm not 100% sure which settings to use on the motherboard jumpers and in the BIOS relating to the FSB speed. I know the CPU is 333mhz FSB, and the RAM is DDR 400, which the motherboard supports, but is there likely to be a conflict?

When I turn the computer on to start with, it originally said it was a 1250MHZ processor, but I changed the FSB to 166mhz in the bios, and it came up as 2800+, but now it makes a constant tone from the PC speaker whenever it's turned on!

EDIT: I've now got the FSB at 166 with a multiplier of 12.5 (AUTO), but it keeps making a buzzing sound permantently, even though it seems to work fine!

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Gurney

Go into the BIOS and set everything to default options and make sure the FSB is set to 166. Leave the jumpers at default to. Try to change things one step at a time to you can narrow down the problem. Also check your motherboard manual for if any what problem is associalted with the sound.

It could be some sort of an alarm. Some boards have over/under
voltage warnings or even too much heat or even a CPU fan not
running. Check the bios for any types of warnings.
Sorry I could not be of more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back