gebxyy.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacal

need help deleting this off a computer i know how to alter the avengerscript to do it but i dont want to without proper permission as to what are the effects of the file. norton tells me it is infected with a trojan virus.

Hello Jacal and welcome to TechSpot.

Very important: Before deciding whether to clean or reformat your system, read this thread and decide what you want to do.

If you decide to clean your system after reading the above thread, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/spyware/malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly, then post fresh HJT, ComboFix, and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread. Also post here the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards :)

This thread is for the use of Jacal only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and the Web forum.

The gebxyy.dll file looks like it`s part of the vundo infection.

Clear the Avenger script file so it`s completely empty and copy and paste the following exactly.

Files to delete:
C:\windows\system32\gebxyy.dll
close the Avenger scipt file saving it`s contents.

Now run the Avenger as per the instructions.

Then, follow the instructions given by kitty500cat and post the requested logfiles.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Jacal only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back