GeForce 4 or Radeon 7500?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in a bit of a dilemma here. I spent a good chunk of change on a GeForce 4 MX 440-SE video card.. and now I'm having second thoughts.

I read a lot of information across the net and I seem to find more disappointing info on the card than I do enjoyable info. Getting this feeling I probably shouldn'tve bought it in the first place.

I'm looking at getting an ATI card (for $100 or less.. not rich here..) and I'm looking at the Radeon 7500. Is that just as good, if not better, than the GeForce MX 440?

Also.. GF4 card I bought seems to hate XP.. >.<

A simple reason why the GF4 MX is bad is because it isn't fully DX8-Compliant or doesn't use the core features that makes a true GF4 DX8-Compliant. It's a budget card, the next best performing GF4 is the TI4200 which is more of an average level gamers card that can be O/C to TI4600 with a good HS&Fan to maintain stability.

what about the ati radeon 8500... thats under $110 and the gf4 ti4200 is under $110 too..

I believe the Geforce4 is faster... Of course, not the MX version.

I personally don't care much anymore - Anything you get works fine for a few months and then you have to start turning down details etc... Both cards are more than good enough for your current CPU speed.

Honestly though, a few fps difference doesn't concern me much - But I applaud you for trying to get the most out of your money.

ATI RADEON 8500 is a pretty good choice though, prices have dropped very much making it more affordable and reasonable.

get an 8500 or the ti4200 - or wait even longer for the Fx and ATI 256mb cards to come out, and prices will drop more - heck, i think can get an ati 9000 for around $100 canadian...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back