GeForce 4200 TV-out prob!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I finally decided to use my TV out. I hook my TV up to the comp, and start the computer. Nothing happens on the tv, so I start messing around with my video card.

I went into advanced properties, and clicked on the NView tab. For some reason it wouldn't let me select the TV, so whatever, I thought maybe my drivers were old or somthing. I updated my drivers, and now the NView tab is completely gone. I cannot go back and try to tell it to select TV because the tab simply isn't there anymore.

What the hell did I do?

Was your TV Turned on before you booted your PC? Depending on the cable you are using this may be necessary, in order for the PC to be able to "find" your TV.

Did you remove your old drivers before installing the new ones? Sounds like something might be screwed with the drivers, or with the nView utility, since you say thee tab is missing alltogether

I have the same problem with my old card, also gf4 Ti 4200.
Never had allot of use for the TV-out so never really looked into it.
Just tried it once or twice.

Just plugged in the Ti4200 into my second pc and gave it another try, nothing came out:(.

Newest drivers v45.23(got it from nividia site)
OS = Windows 2000 Pro

I don't have the problem of the tab being gone i still had nview.
Cable was plugged into my vcr. Tried it a few times and nothing came out.

Greets Crazy

PS: Maybe one day I'll have some use of it, but i would like it to work in case i need it:)

Well I got it to work, even though the tab is missing still.

Turns out my TV was set to Terminate, so the computer wasn't seeing the 75ohms it needs from the TV. After switching to Bridged, it worked.

well I solved the problem asswel:)
Your never going to beleve it!!!
The cable i got with my gf4 ti wastn't working!!
when i used the cable that came with my new card it worked at once:(.

I couldn't beleave it:eek:

Greets Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back