Geforce 6200. How to tell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the leadtek a6200td, and unlocked it, but I can't find it for sale anymore. I think I heard that that chaintech 6200 might be able to, but It's anyone's guess, I got lucky. You want to get a nv43 core, and an early revision (a1, a2, a3), as this is the same core as the 6600 and 6600gt, but some newer 6200's have the nv44 core which can't unlock, it's made with only 4 pipes, and no more.

That looks like the one! I can't find it at the place I bought it anymore, but that looks like it. It appears from the reviews it unlocks too.
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X3Jldmlld3M=&product_uid=85833
Oh, btw, the driver disc doesn't work, I couldn't get it to work at all. I just dl'ed the nv drivers beforehand, and installed them after installing the card(maybe they should be installed before?).

Oh, dl rivatuner to unlock the pipes with too.

Ok. Ive ordered the pny version after finding an article explaining how to unlock it. I think the ones with a 300mhz core clock use the old nv43 chip which is the one that unlocks. Il post back when i receive the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back