Geforce 6200 pci freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Geforce 6200 pci will freeze when I try to play a game and the onboard graphics never did that. I know a lot of other people are having the same problem so please help. I know its not temperature because I took off the cover and had a fan blowing on it and it still freezes. I dont think its the psu because other people with 400w+ psu's (250w minimum) still have the same problem. Please help.

WOW, i'm using a geforce 5500 256MB PCI card, and my PSU is at 90watts. Everything is peaceful and cool. :)

Then the most likely cause is a compatibility issue with the game. You mention other people with the same problem - was there no clue from the same source as to what was causing crashes?

no its not the game, every game does exactly the same thing and no one else knows whats going on either. just put it in geforce 6200 pci freezing on google and you'll get a ton of results.

Codex Computing said:
to be honest the GeForce 6200 is not the greatest card in the world actuall the entire 6000 series were a bit of a flop.
Eh? How so? The 6600GT and 6800GT were the most popular cards of their time. So how does that make the entire series a flop?

Anyways, back to the OP, it's the drivers mate. Download and install these drivers and you're problems are history. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back