Geforce 6600 GT Games graphics problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a new Geforce 6600GT AGP 8X graphics card for my system, but have found in some games, such as Pro Evo and IGI 2, I see really weird graphics problems, with lines and planes (not flying ones lol ;)) appearing across the screen as if you can see part of how the graphics system in the game was constructed. also the objects which should be solid have gaps and can be seen through. Does anyone know what I can do? I've upgraded the drivers and so on but am now stuck.

Cheers,

Mixmic

Hello and welcome to techspot.

What drivers are you currently using? You should be using version 93.71 from www.nvidia.com

If you are using that version and still having troubles, next try updating your motherboard's chipset drivers. If you system is a "brand name" like dell or emachine you'll need to go to the maker's site and check for updates there. If not, you need to go to your motherboard maker's website and download the latest chipset drivers from there.

If this is not a driver issue, the next thing I'd look at is your PSU. How many watts is it, and how many amps on the +12v rail? You can find this info on the sticker attached to your PSU (inside the case). Also, I'd check if the voltage is steady. Download and run THIS and tell us how many volts it is reporting for your +3.3v, +5v and +12v rails.

Another possibility is that you don't have the graphics card's power connector connected. Do you have a cable going from your PSU directly to your card?

Another possibility is that you didn't completely remove the drivers that you were using for your OLD graphics card. Did you remove the old drivers before you installed the new?

Another possibility is that your card is overheating. Open up your case and aim a house fan on the card and try gaming again. Does this lessen the problem?

Another possibility is that your card is faulty. Can you try that card in someone else's system as a test?

I was going to suggest updating your games, but with the problem your describing that probably won't do anything.

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies, have been away so sorry for the delay. I have the latest drivers for my Graphics card and have checked the Watts of the PSU (600) and that the fan runs ok. I had trouble before with the old graphics drivers, so they're definitley removed now (made sure). The motherboard is an A7n266-VM, which is a few years old. The strange thing is, some games are fine, some aren't. I have no idea what could be causing this.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi all,

Have been away so sorry for the delay. Have got latest drivers, and old ones are uninstalled (checked as this can be a problem). PSU is 600 Watts and fan is running ok. Motherboard is A7N266-VM (I know its a few years old, but I think it should run this ok). The problem is only on some games (IGI2, PES5) but fine on others (MOH, Call of duty).

Cheers,

Mixmic

DonNagual hit on all the right spots. Do you have the latest patches for these games?? Sometimes games suffer from graphic anomolies with drivers and a patch for the game addressing the issue is developed. I would make sure that all game patches for the ones affected are installed since it's not occuring in all your games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back