Geforce 7600gt oc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
geforce 7600gt oc???

Ok, to let everyone know, I am a truck driver.
I'm lucky just to turn on a comp with out a melt down (by me or the computer).
I had just bought a 7600 to replace the 6700 I had on this confounded device.
On STW KotOR II, the graphics are mind blowing.
But the lock up is also blowing my mind.
There is something about an STI or SLI or something that pops up over my nvidia icon. Saying that I need two cards for it to run and it is shutting down.
But everything works except the unusual, and I might add, ill-timed lock up.
This is a simple HP Pav a815n with a 3400 amd 64.
I am reading a book on building my own PC.(for me, the best way to learn is to have hands on experience).
Until then, this is my "gaming" system.
What might be causing the lock up, how to stop it, and, in the name of Darth Vader,why am I walking through boxes, and being shot through walls in Star Wars galaxies.

MetalX said:
Terry, you might wanna make a new thread... this one is from september.

That`s a pretty good idea mate.

However, instead of Terry opening a new thread, I have moved Terry`s and your posts to a new thread. So there`s no need for Terry to open a new thread.

Regards Howard :)

BTW: Hello Terry and welcome to Techspot. :wave: :wave:

Thank you for the welcome.
Trying to not crash while watching my taped busch race.
Any ideas on this problem?

What this newcomer in training?
Is that like a newbe or a wannabe?
( Me thinks its not a Wallybe).
Ok. My mind is saying sleep, now or els....zzzzz

It's probably the PSU (Power Supply Unit) in ur PC that is not able to give the card the power it needs. Open up the case and take a picture of the sticker on the power supply and post it here as an attachment.

terryhyde1987 said:
What this newcomer in training?

TS Forums Rankings

When you register to TS Forums you will be designated a custom title, these were created with the only purpose of giving you that special feeling when you join our community and as you spend more time around how you can grow and learn with it. No preference nor discrimination or offense should be taken regarding titles; you can feel free to ignore them if you don’t like them.

First titles given to users are managed by the forum software and are based on your post count:

Newcomer in training: Self-explanatory.

TechSpot Member: Registered members with 50+ posts.

TechSpot Enthusiast: Registered members with 350+ posts.

TechSpot Booster: Registered members with 600+ posts.

TechSpot Addict: Registered members with 950+ posts.

This second tier of user titles is given manually:

TechSpot Paladin: “A strong supporter or defender of a cause”. In order to qualify for the Paladin title, a user must have been registered to the forums for at least 1 year and must have remained in good standing. It’s not guaranteed you will be given the Paladin title by just fulfilling these requirements however.

TechSpot Chancellor: In order to qualify for this title, the user must have been registered to the forums for at least 2 years and must have remained in good standing. It’s not guaranteed you will be given the Chancellor title by just fulfilling these requirements however.

TechSpot Ambassador: In order to qualify for this title, a user must have been registered to the forums for at least 3 years and must have remained in good standing. It’s not guaranteed you will be given the Ambassador title by just fulfilling these requirements however.

TechSpot and its staff members appreciate the time you spent helping and making the community grow, in a certain way, we use these special titles to show that appreciation for your efforts. Also note that given the nature of this second group of titles, you should feel free to nominate any of your fellow members, however asking to be granted any of these titles for your own, will bar you from consideration for several months.

Regards Howard :)

I'll do that when I have a chance. I work 10 hour days, 1 hour to work. Get home, shower, yell at dog, watch nascar inf while eating and then sleep.
Might be a few days before I can do that, Since I am not chat or blog savvy yet, I will have to learn to post pic.
(other than wife, I have no life.)

found problem w/game

It was not the nvida card, but a software issue.
Found a patch, fixed.
(learning about patches now also.)
Thank you for help and ideas.
Terry

I'll do that when I have a chance. I work 10 hour days, 1 hour to work. Get home, shower, yell at dog, watch nascar inf while eating and then sleep.

I found that to be quite funny :haha: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back