Geforce 7950 1GB help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi peeps
I jus got me a brand spanking new machine with the expencive Geforce 7950 1GB graphics card....however when I goto system properties it says its only got 512Mb??? I've updated the drivers, but it still says 512Mb.

Does this mean that half my card isnt working? I.e there isnt enough power for it? or do i need to do some additional settings?

Any help you guys can give would be appriciated :)

That card in not technically a 1GB card. It is rather 2 TWO Geforce 7900s running is SLI but they are build into one card. Each card has 512mb of RAM so it should only say that the card has 512 because thats what each single card has.

So was it worth me buying the big 1gb? or shuld I have stuck with a 9700 512Mb?

How much difference is the extra 512 going to make?

Is it a custom built PC? If it is make sure you've got a good enough Power Supply. How many watts is it and how many amps has it got on the 12v rail?

EDIT: The card is 1GB. As far as I know it should show up as 1GB. You better look into this and make sure you havn't been shafted.

MetalX is right. Each GPU on that card has a 512MB frame buffer, that's why the drivers report it as 512MB.

As far as I know a 9700 is a Radeon made by ATI or an ATI partner, they don't come with 512MB. Maybe you were talking about a GeForce 7900, but even with two 7900 cards running in SLI, it wouldn't match the performance of the 7950.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back