geforce fx 5200 different problem than every1 else, pls give me a tip

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello every1,

i just bought a geforce fx5200 and i cannot install the driver. Win XP identifies the card as what it is and the installation bar is visible, it fills up and then i receive the message that there was an error installing the card.

I downloaded the newest driver and the same happens.

I know the geforce fx5200 is cursed for all the problems every1 is getting, but it might not be the cards problem.

The same happened with a geforce 2 gts i tried to put in and install. It identifies the card, attempts to install and gives an error message.

My geforce2 mx works perfectly thou. It finds the card and it runs (but i've always had it, so i never installed the new driver on that card).

Is there a solution? Will formatting solve the problem or is my motherboard screwed? Do u think its even a hardware problem?

I would really appreciate any ideas, pls feel free to post or email me, that would b great!
phatphyter ;)

my system specs r as follows if that helps solving the prob:

AMD athlon 1800+
256mb ram
geforce fx 5200 grr
windows xp proffesional
30 gb hdd
dvd rom

So you are installing new nVidia drivers on top of the ones your GF2MX is using?

You should uninstall the old drivers first, maybe even use some utility to remove the Detonator completely from your system. Then power off, replace the card and power up.

I had the same problem.

I have the same card and just had to reinstall the driver. I stumbled upon the solution after a lot of work at it. What I did was open up the drive that the driver CD was in and explored the CD. One of the folders had drivers for the different operating systems. In your case open the folder that is marked XP and the driver will start to install itself. I hope this works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back