Geforce FX 5200, max resolution 1024?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I bought a Dell 4600 about 18 months ago, which came with GeForce FX 5200... somehow the max resolution has always been 1024*768. I thought it was because of a cheap graphics card until I read the product reviews from various sites.

I just downloaded the latest driver (71.89) from nvidia website, installed it, however the max resolution is still 1024*768, this can't be true for a 128M graphics card! Is there anything I should do to increase the max resolution limit up to 2048*1536 or is it the limitation of my monitor!?

System configuration:
windows xp 2002 sp2
ndivia driver 71.89
NEC LCD1512 ( the manual says it supports up to 1024*768)

If this is due to the LCD setting, then it is another reason for me to dump it, but please let me know, thanks in advance!

Jason, from toronto

Yup Mailpup is right it is a limitaion of the Moniter that u have what u can do is go for a 19" CRT if u want such resolution or maybe even 21", ii dont know abt US but 17"/19" LCD are verrrrrrrry costly in india.

Thanks

Thanks guys... I have just brought samsung 930B home and I am able to adjust the resolution to 1280*1024, the image is soooo much better!
although my wallet hurts... these 19 inch digital LCDs are not cheap in Canada either ( mine is around 400US, without rebate), but what the heck. :)

Congrats on that new moniter and enjoy it to the fullest. the joy of having a new peice of hardware. :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back