GeForce FX 5700 LE 256mb WEIRD LAG ISSUES w/ soyo mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
SY-P4I865PE Plus DRAGON 2 (Prescott-Ready)
GeForce FX 5700 LE 256 MB
1.0 GB Kingston DDRAM
2.40 GHz Pentium 4 Processor
Windows XP Pro SP2
160 GB Seagate Ultra ATA Hard drive

I get lag issues in Counter-Strike even when I have great latency (under 50 pretty constant). I get almost 100 fps constantly, but the quality of the video is really bad. Everything is choppy and every other round or so I will lag for a few seconds.

This is the exact same thing that happened when I installed a SATA HD which I returned since I thought it wasn't working properly with my video card. I thought that using an ultra ata (ide) drive would solve the problem since that was the only difference between my old hd and the sata one i bought.

My old harddrive is IDE as well but runs the card smoothly with no issues. I've updated all my drivers for my card and motherboard (as well as updating to directx 9c).

I've attempted to run the game on multiple resolutions and quality settings... but i always get the same choppy play and methodical lag... it only lasts for maybe a second... then i move and stutter for a tiny bit... and then it resumes (choppy) play until it all happens again.

This is driving me nuts. There is something about my old 12 gb hard drive that makes it fully compatible with my graphics card... but I have no idea what it is. That harddrive is about five or six years old...

ANY SUGGESTIONS????

PS. I have all the same programs installed and such... so I don't think it's caused by apps running in the bg or anything. I'm almost convinced it has something to do with the motherboard.

HEEeELEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!

I have the same graphics card.. and almost the same motherboard. My motherboard is a Soyo... dragon platinum. I dont remember the numbers. But soo far.. out of all my games, I have no problems. Maybe its the drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back