Geforce FX5200 freezes ingame Please Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the latest drivers installed. And my BIOS is 4.34.20.27.00, I also have made a post on the windows forums..
"Ok long story short, I have a geforce fx5200 and it will freeze ingame. I heard it's because of the newest drivers. I hear lots of people have this problem but someone told me if you update your video card bios everything is fixed. So begins the 5 hour journey tonight, I'm at the part where I install the windows boot disk to load msdos because windows xp does not have msdos. I have to type in some commands to reflash the bios. Problem is it does not recognize drive C:\ so i cannot type vgabios -fbios.rom. It says something about there not being a Fat32 or fat partition? Please someone help me, all I want to do is play my game without it freezing. "

If anyone has had the same problem please tell me what they did to solve the freezing ingame within 15 seconds.

Hello and Welcome to Techspot

First please provide us with some specs on your computer..And what games you are having problems with then we will go form there...YOu probbly will not have to go that route you are doing now.

Hellop, the partions for the games doesnt matter.

You should have nVIDIA ForceWare v56.72 for Windows 2k and XP or v56.64 for Windows 9x. Most issues for gaming with nVIDIA card is bugs in drivers. you can download it from my signature, click it and it will take it to download page.

Lucan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back