geforce fx5200 + onboard hp pavilion vid card

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there

i got these two cards, the geforce is obviously in a slot but i saw i got one extra slot, onboard. i got the hp pavilion a640 serie

i don't know wich type it is.. can't find any info on it.

can someone plz guide me? i want to connect a second screen to it
duno if this is possible

or

i got this pci card, a (trident gui19440-1) can i combine these two without riskin my pc to crash?
cuz i tried to plug it in, reboot my pc and the pc hung.

i am new at this, plz help if you can

thanx in advance

- Please check to see if HTML is allowed before using it
Didou

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`m not sure that I understand your question.

But you can connect two monitors to the geforce.

I would reccomend that you go into your bios and disable your onboard graphics card.

I hope this helps Regards Howard :confused:

well the geforce fx5200 was installed aswell as i bought it

but when i looked on the back of my pc i saw a black "cover", i unscrewed and a saw another connection for a monitor, so i think this might work
i don't find any info about the onboard vidcard. there must be one right?
i only find in my driver the nvidea stuff. with nview option but nothing seems to work

i tried altering the bios to pci or agp/onboard

i can boot in both instances
none of them gives me a dual screen
both monitors are connected and well

Sorry I thought the hp pavilion was the onboard card?

If that is so you can disable it via bios it will probably be in the peripheral set up section.

The fact that you have a monitor connection (underneath the black box) on your computer would suggest that you have onboard graphics.

I`m fairly certain that you can connect two monitors to your nvidea card try taking a look at the user manual for your card or visit the website www.nvidia.com

REgards Howard :D

yeh sorry bout the html but for some reason yesterday it chanced my posts with somekind of ntsearch url. happend beyond my notice

duno what went wrong, my bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back