GeForce Fx5200 video problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not really sure what is wrong with it.
I power up and everything shows up fine. Then when it gets to the login screen the monitor turns off and says it has no signal.
The 2nd vga still has signal though. So when i type in my password (even though i cant see the 1st screen) and login the 2nd screen will come up but i cant do anything on it since everything i double click on opens in the first monitor.

Everything was working fine before i powered down, then i power the computer back up and this happens.

Any idea what the problem might be? Or what i can do to make the 2nd monitor my primary monitor?

Control Panel - Display settings

In advanced settings the refresh rate may be set too high
Please go through all the settings in there, remembering (or writing down) what you have done.

Worse case scenario, is to re-download the display drivers, from the manufactures website, and uninstall, then reinstall the display drivers.
Uninstall can be in Add/Remove Programs, as well as Device Manager (System in Control Panel then Select Hardware)

Well im not exactly sure how id be able to check or change the settings because

I cant get into the control panel because the only monitor that has video is the 2nd one and when i rightclick>properties
the window opens in the 1st monitor that has no signal

And since i only have one computer, i had to down grade to a crappy video card
until i can fix the other

Can i do what you said:

Worse case scenario, is to re-download the display drivers, from the manufactures website, and uninstall, then reinstall the display drivers.
Uninstall can be in Add/Remove Programs, as well as Device Manager (System in Control Panel then Select Hardware)

Then switch to the video card having the problems?

Sorry if im not making much sense, im kind of new at this.

Possibly I need to be a bit clearer

You have one computer (I think a laptop, but not sure)
And two Displays (this may be a dual monitor video card)

If you remove one display, does that give full access to the other display?

You may need to explain your hardware setup (Computer, Video Card, Monitors Windows version)

I have one computer(not laptop) and yes uts a dual monitor video card

Ive tried removing one display but the same thing happens.

Pentium 4 CPU 2.8GHz
768 MB of RAM
Geforce FX5200 DDR 128MB
Microsoft Windows XP (home edition)

The other video card that i switch to is:
XGI Volari Family v1.13

Any other information needed?

Ive tried removing one display but the same thing happens

I think you should be able to dis-connect the faulty one (meaning the one that went black, not actually faulty LCD)
And only have one mounted
Then turn on the computer
Then go to display settings, and confirm all settings, including synch and dual display.

Actually there was a good post on dual display, how to configure. But can't find it (that's helpful)
But basically, set it up from one Display plugged in first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back