GeForce graphic card problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the new XFX GeForce GTX 256mb graphic card and when ever I turn on a game it plays for a while and then shuts down. The computer restarts, but the screen doesn't turn on. I was told that its the overheat of my graphic card. The part where I am really lost is that no matter if its the lowest settings or the highest settings its the same. Is there anything I can do in the settings to fix it somehow? If it is possible can you tell me step by step because I did not find it myself. Any other hints to fix this would also help a lot. Looking for help asap since a new powerful computer is a waste if the graphic card is acting stupid. >.<

hmm.... only one version:

You need to buy a more powerful power supply.
(It's true- i looked up, recommended is 500W for 7800 GTX)

But be careful when buying a power supply, it's important to look not only at the total output (500W) but also at the output that can be supplied (amperage).
You should buy only a power supply that can supply 30A from the 12V lines.

that's all...

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot! to both of you

Evalds said:
hmm.... i have only one version:

You need to buy a more powerful power supplier (at least 350W or 450W)

that's all...
I agree, based on limited info.

Pasha23,
What are the specs for your system?

Yeah... you can't expect people to help with your problem if you don't give us any leads on where the origin of the problem lies. And for a 7800GTX card, I wouldn't even dare touch a 350w or a 400w :p. My bare minimum recommendation would start at 500w (of a reputable brand like OCZ or Enermax) just so there is no chance for the fluctuation of the power to screw my entire system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back