I'm surprised more people don't just save gaming for consoles.
Well, I use both and PC will always be my primary platform. I like freedom and performance, I also prefer to not pay subscription for multiplayer etc.
With a console, you get hardware cheaper but getting milked everywhere else. Locked ecosystem. No comparison at all. With a PC I can play all my 1000+ games, going 20+ years back -and- do other stuff than gaming -or- emulate other consoles.
- Subscription for online play and unlock of features (cloud storage etc).
- Huge premium on games in general (Sony and MS needs a big cut for every sale). PC games are almost half the price on average. Especially if you use keyshops. Often games are 1/3 the price on PC.
- Not much option for tweaking, if you don't like the settings -> Forced 30 fps is already a thing in several PS5/XSX games. However they are generelly better at delivering a 60 fps mode now. I prefer 100+ fps tho.
- Accessories break more easily. Most people destroy many controllers during a console lifetime, especially with heavy usage and the console itself might also break, they are not made to last an entire generation and only has 1-2 years warrenty, including the console itself. My PC parts generally have 3 years minimum, often 5-7 years and some have 10+ or limited lifetime warranty. No comparison. Cheap hardware vs expensive hardware.
- Mod support is very limited and often sucks, or cost money.