Geforce2 Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've got a pentium4 with windows xp, 2.8ghz, 256mb ram and 40gb HDD.... the works... the only problem i have is with the graphics card. When the installation was complete, the graphics card installed was sis 315, but the card i have purchased and connected is nVidia GeForce2 MX400 64MB TV DDR. I installed the drivers from the cd that came with the card. Still, when i run Halo, it says i have an Sis card with 8mb memory... i downloaded the drivers for sis315 from the sis site but then Halo sez i have 16mb memory and the graphics are choppy... also, when i boot it sez i have an ATI radeon 7000 bios...
so ultimately what graphics card do i have? and where can i get the right drivers? the nvidia site is no help at all.
what version of nvidia drivers do i need for geforce2?
Please HELP!
:confused:

Uh how many VGA cards have you installed on that machine ?

& are you sure it's a GeForce 2 MX400 ? It wouldn't post ATI Radeon 7000 before the POST if it was a GeForce.

Try going in your BIOS & finding the section for integrated peripherals. See if you can disable the onboard VGA card & from there proceed to install proper drivers for your new card.

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back