GeForce2 MX400

Status
Not open for further replies.

josbd

Hey all. I have a graphics card I could do with some help with.

We have a second system comprising: AS Rock K78SX, Athlon 2100+, 512 Mb RAM. We had an old S3 graphics card installed, and I decided when I came across an Inno3D Tornado GeForce 2 MX-400 AGP 64 Mb card going for a few quid, and brand new, that it would do quite nicely as a minor improvement. Hmmm...

BIOS was switched from PCI to AGP, S3 removed, and GeForce installed. Booted up the system to see hordes of very colourful ampersands and Ds...... so I thought: "ok, drivers should sort this out". But having tried all types of drivers from both Inno and nVidia, nothing helps. When I get into Windoze, I have a screen full of varying coloured vertical stripes. I can get into BIOS but it isn't readable because it consists of @s and Ds.

I have probably done or not done something very simple, but I would be immensely grateful for any guidance anyone might have.

Your card might be toast. I had a Geforce 2 Mx400 that went up on me and when it went, it displayed various characters every third line on the screen. So the card could be toasted

If your card doesn't work during POST (Or any part before the Windows logo appears), then it certainly bad or not compatible.

Thanks guys...... it is compatible, so it is almost certainly DEAD... a decent burial will be arranged forthwith.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back