Geforce2 Ti - Weird Polygon mess problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I've recently put a Geforce2 Ti (Hercules 64MB) in my Athlon 1Ghz

When I play 3D Games - Wolfenstein, AvP2 Every now and again I get a real polygon mess appearing all over the screen. If I turn around or look at the floor it tends to go away.

Has anyone else had this problem? and does anyone have a solution??

I'm using the 23.11 nvidia reference drivers under win2k and also tried it under winXP but same problem.

I have GF2Ti too (Gainward/Cardexperts GF2Ti 500 XP), with 23.11 drivers no problems in AvP2 or RtCW. Maybe you should check some settings like.. hm, what was it.. I don't remember anymore. But try GeForce Tweak Utility.
What kind of polygon mess is it? In one color or just psychedelic mess? Card not overclocked?

I'll try to describe my 'polygon mess' slightly better, here goes...

Imagine walking around a level in AvP2, you're walking through a door into a room, then suddenly a lot of the vertices for the polygons that make up the walls, chairs, consoles, your gun, etc. shoot off to some points a long way off screen, distorting all the polygons. The points way off screen and the triangles affected seem to change each frame when the mouse is moved, so it looks like a jittery mess of polygons.

By the time you get to the next room/corridor or sometimes if you just look at the floor or closeup at a wall then it all clears up.

The textures still seem to be there - at least the colours of these stretched triangles appears to be correct.

Haven't overclocked anything yet - everything still runs smoothly enough for me :)

A friend of mine was running newer detonator versions and had multicoloured polygon problems and textures disappearing (just black) with his geforce3 (Asus) and Medal Of Honor. He switched detonator versions (back to older version) and the problem vanished. One of the more interesting problems was the sky went all rainbow coloured at the same time as polygons textures not being displayed. Sounds a little like your problem. I would try a different set of detonators...

Check out this detailed thread in the old forum about detonators and the recommended uninstall/reinstall procedure...

You can always try to post a screen shot so we can have a better idea of the problem...

It seems to happen less frequently using 21.81 drivers, but thats only going by a couple of hours play. It still happened though.

Attached is a screenshot of one of the milder 'attacks' - I couldn't catch any of the bigger ones since they cleared up by the time I hit the capture button.

The polygon 'flicker' changes every frame.

Attachments

• screenshot5.jpg
    screenshot5.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 35
Another screen shot of the same 'attack', a few frames on...

This does sometimes happen all over the screen, and also happens on all the 3d screens - including the menu screens sometimes.

Attachments

• screenshot6.jpg
    screenshot6.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 28
That screenshot looks like the card is overheating. Is its heatsink properly connected?
Now I remember the setting in GeForce Tweak Utility - I was suggesting "Enable alternate depth buffering technique".

Could it be a Z-buffer problem ? Sometimes you can get messy graphics when you force the Z-buffer to 16 bit...

Im having the same problem

Im having the same problem..but im using geforce 2 MX
It never happened before until i left NBA Live 2005 on for 12 hours..i came back and it became all polygonized....it keeps blinking and flashing and it's so annoying
SO i tried reinstalling the game..still the same..and it applies to alll other games like SIMS 2

Then I formatted my computer..still the SAME! But after not playing the game for 3 days..i cameback and play it..the first 2-3 minutes are normal..which is good! But after that..the problem happens again

My Specs:
Win xp
P4 1.6
256 RAM
Geforce 2 MX 64
40GB Memory

THe picture attached is just a minor one..sometimes it becomes really big and covers half of the body...

HELP PLEASE

THx in Advance

Problem.jpg

SHIT3.jpg

SHIT2.jpg

SHIT1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back