GeForce4 MX440 SE & EQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having problems getting into EQ after the last expansion release. I have a GeForce4 MX440 SE video card. Is anyone else having problems getting into EQ that has this same video card? I get as far as the char. select screen and when I select a char. I get booted out to desktop. Can anyone help?

I don't know about EQ but this card has some strange quirks (al least on my system). I've found rolling back to the 44.03 Detonators work best for me. That being said, Pandora Tomorrow works great in single player, but needs newer drivers for multiplayer. I like this card but sadly it's fast approaching dinosaur status. I'd play with some different drivers. Check the archives link on the lower left of the nVidea drivers page. Also did you check for patches for the expansion pack?

Yes I have repatched EQ 3 times. Uninstalled it completely and reinstalled it and then repatched it. Installed updated driver for the GeForce4 MX440 SE video card and nothing has worked. I am to the point of probably replacing the Video card. Just seems strange to me that it worked fine with EQ up to the release of the lastest expansion and now it will not work with EQ. What is really strange is that it will work just fine with The Saga of Ryzom. I started playing this game when I could no longer get into EQ.

have you tried to install and keep nVIDIA ForceWare v56.72 for Windows XP + 2k/ v56.64 for Windows 9x?

try and install Microsoft DirectX 9.0b?

Lucan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back