geforce4 mx440 to geforcefx 5200

Status
Not open for further replies.

blentz

i had a geforce mx 440 with 64mb. i really only play flight simulator 2004. all looked good with the 440. then i got a new geforce fx 5200 128mb. i downloaded all the new drivers but the graphics looked flickery and not as good as with the 440. i but the 440 back in and it looks fine now. is the 5200 junk or what?

ALot of the 5200's had 64bit memory interface which cripples the cards 3d performance. If you're on a budget look for a 5500 that has 128bit memory.

check if u got the right drivers installed. try reinstalling the drivers for the fx5200 from the nvidia website.

Can u please give us some system specs that will help alot.

hi,

The FX 5200 is a good card. I have it and I have never had any problems with it. Make sure however that you download the latest display and bios drivers. Also do you have win xp service pack 2 installed? This may make all the difference. The card may be overheating. did you put the 5200 in the same slot as the the 440? I may not have sufficient space to cool.

hope this helps,

regards,

korrupt

it is a apg, card and has good space around it. i have a amd 2500 1.8gh with 512mb and i'am running service pack2 and i have down loaded the latest drivers. just downloaded the very latest last night and tried the 5200 again, and still no luck with flight sim, put the 440 back in and all is fine. i think i will just stay with the 440 and put the 5200 in some other computer, thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back