GeForce4 Sticking In Infanite Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinesis

My GeForce4, when i enable it, seems to get stuck in "an infanite loop" or so it sometimes tells me, i've been working on this problem for about half a year and would realy appreciate some help

I have un-installed and re-installed drivers countless times and it doesn't work, the only thing i have not tried is putting it into another slot in my Motherboard though i doubt this will do any good but willing to try if suggested

It also mentions that the problem is caused by a file called "NV4_disp", would replacing this file with one from someone else's pc with the same model card work?

Please Help, Yours Sincearly, Kinesis

gutted...

search the forum, its certainly not a new problem and you're not alone, there has been alot said/done about this in the forum

I found some sites on it, it's not my GeForce thats the problem it windows Xp, and it's just having major problems with the graphics problem, it's completely random and it just means i need to go down to 98 or 2000, i don't mind much though

Originally posted by Greeno:
gutted...

search the forum, its certainly not a new problem and you're not alone, there has been alot said/done about this in the forum
Yep this has been done many times here, below are examples.
In this Mictlantechulti said:
We have this useful search function here, and most people encourage you to use it.
I think this is because of insufficient power. 230W PSU might not handle the extra load from shiny, new, powerful graphics card. That's why people recommend getting at least 300W PSU.

This is what I found:
GeForce MX 400 Lockup Problems
Computer locks up, after time, during games
GeForce 2 MX 200 Freezes when in Game Play!
GeForce 440MX Problems/questions

Originally posted by uncleel in the same thread:
Audio and Video > What is "Infinite Loop" error
https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=717
Nvidia "infinite loop" error
[Comments] by Per Hansson - 12/22/2001 @ 3:15 am
What are the symptoms of this error?
The error normally occurs under a Direct3D or OpenGL application, on systems using a GeForce 2 or GeForce 3
video card with WinXP and the Nvidia detonator drivers 23.11 or 21.83. There are reports, however, of the issue
occurring under Win2K. There are also reports of this occurring with ATI video cards but this has not been confirmed by VIA.

OpenGL- spontaneous reboot, hardware lockup or insufficient virtual memory error from WinXP

Direct 3D - Hardware lockup, BSOD with a message about an infinite loop error with a Nvidia driver

BSOD error message - this varies but refers to a problem with "nv4_disp.dll"

Here is the page that describes the different steps you can try to solve this problem. http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=64

Then here are a couple others:
Eliminating the nVidia Infinite Loop error (TI500
Upgraded from PCI Voodoo 3 to AGP GeForce 2 and PC now locks up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back