General Fourm Help. Please read.

SturmteK

Hey guys.
I seem to have a problem with fourms.
I am registered to many fourms, like this one, but I seem to have a problem. When I try to post (or log in for that matter). When i enter the log in information, I get the message "Thank you for logging in" and takes me right back to the log in screen. This can happen up to 5-10 times sometimes (I am not kidding). And after I eventually do get in, when I submit my post, guess what, back to log in, another 5 log in attempts.
This can get really annoying as you can imagine.
Why is this happening?
Please dont tell me to check my spelling of my user name or password because I am 100% sure that they are correct, it even tells me "thank you for logging in" but takes me right back to the login screen". And my cookies are enabled too.
Thanks

Perhaps you are using a proxy server? TS forums (and many others) do not work with caching proxies.

I have gone through many pains to get TS forums to function properly from work. (Getting around two obligatory HTTP proxies with one of them outside of my control is not trivial :p )

I delete my temp and cookies nightly.
I have no idea why this is happening. Its very annoying more than anything.:dead:

To rule out the Proxy as an option try to use an alternate browser like Opera or Firefox and see it it works then... If it does you know it is IE that is giving you problems (if you use IE that is)

Back